How/where can I collaborate with other filmmakers?

Michael Carter

I recently moved back to Pittsburgh after living (not sure if thats the right word for what I was doing) in California for a number of years.

For starters, definitely go to events scheduled by these two groups:

Steeltown.org - Incubator for pittsburgh indie film. They host mostly youth-centric events, but every quarter they schedule a crew connect event.

PaFIA.org - Pennsylvania Film Industry Association. Is busiest in Pittsburgh and Philly....but we get all the work. ;)

Also try Pittsburgh Filmmakers. Its the Photography and motion picture arm of Pittsburgh Center for the Arts. They have classes (I teach there) and also host industry events, but infrequently.

Do you have a particular focus of interest? Always curious for more crew on personal projects.

Yea, "life in CA" I attended the SanFrancisco Art Institute. Thanks for writing. I will look up those places. And I did take many classes at Filmmakers. I should go back. Never clicked there. My thing now is reversing b&w movie film. Printing from negative is next. Chemicals are coming in the mail. I have started trying to attract interested anybody via meet up on Sat.

https://www.meetup.com/Pittsburgh-Regular-8mm-Filmmaking-Meetup/events/237823695/

• 3 months later...

I recently moved back to Pittsburgh after living (not sure if thats the right word for what I was doing) in California for a number of years.

For starters, definitely go to events scheduled by these two groups:

Steeltown.org - Incubator for pittsburgh indie film. They host mostly youth-centric events, but every quarter they schedule a crew connect event.

PaFIA.org - Pennsylvania Film Industry Association. Is busiest in Pittsburgh and Philly....but we get all the work. ;)

Also try Pittsburgh Filmmakers. Its the Photography and motion picture arm of Pittsburgh Center for the Arts. They have classes (I teach there) and also host industry events, but infrequently.

Do you have a particular focus of interest? Always curious for more crew on personal projects.

I just got access membership film 1 level at Filmmakers. See you there? I want to use split core reels and tight winders to spool down 100 foot loads off big supplies of film.