Ronin/Movi Question

I have a question, I have a long one shot coming up with whip pans. We will be renting a Ronin or Movi. Probably should have gotten a steadicam but with our budget the ronin is our best option.

In the past when using the Ronin when I would pan it compensates for my movement panning. In our long shot we have alot of whip pans. Does anybody know if you can set the Ronin or Movi to lock the pan? So I can just use it more so to stabilize my movements walking and running?

Is it possible to set it up using the 2nd operator mode but no one operates the pan or tilt? Sorry I have only used the movi like 3 times before this so please any knowledge is helpful. I just remember when using it in the past I would pan left or right and it would some what try to compensate for my movements?

Thanks Jack so by doing this it will stabilize the image but wont float with my pans? Does this lock the pan aspect of it? Thanks for the help!

Yes. It locks it forward and no matter where the handles are in rotation it will keep facing that way.