Digitizing from C-reality telecine (easy solution)

Sanji Robinson

Hi,

I am looking for an easy way to digitize video (1080p) from an old Cintel C-reality telecine machine and transfer it onto a laptop. I don't own have any special equipment, just my laptop and an HDP3 SDI to DVI-D converter.

The telecine machine is hooked up to a monitor, I have attached a picture of the back.

My thinking is: I could hook up an SDI to the monitor and then go SDI to DVI with the AJA converter and then plug the DVI directly onto my Macbook Pro, but then how would I capture the input from the DVI?

Are there other ways?

post-67439-0-26692000-1487820396_thumb.jpg

post-67439-0-24653300-1487820407_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sanji Robinson

What kind of laptop? Do you have thunderbolt?? If so, get a PCI expansion chassis and then get a AJA Kona or Blackmagic Decklink card. Install capture card into expansion chassis and have at it. I would get a dual bay thunderbolt drive enclosure and stripe it. Use that for your capture drive.

• Site Sponsor

1. You need to feed Tri-Level Sync to the C-Reality i.e. you will need a Tri-Level Sync generator.

2. You need a SDI capture device.

An AJA T-Tap or a BlackMagic Mini Monitor would be the two least expensive options for Thunderbolt on a Mac.

Or a USB3 UltraStudio with SDI for a PC laptop.

The SDI to DVI adapter is useless for this application.

• Upvote 1