TIFF sequence in Da Vinci

Dmitry Savinov_38080

Hi everyone,

Could anyone give me a good advice please?

I have got a lens test in ARRIRAW sequence in Scope 2x

I have already got the test edited and graded in Da Vinci Resolve and have to make a DCP clip in a charge-free software openDCP.

Could you please tell me if it is correct to make a jpeg2000 DCI 2K Scope right from Da Vinci or I have to make a TIFF sequence (I have tried but it was a strange error with double squeezing the image somehow)

What will be the right workflow?

Thanks

• Premium Member

You can make a DCP right out of Davinci, but it's not free. You need to buy the DCP plugin pack, which is a few hundred dollars I believe.

There are FREE DCP encoders as well, so you may have to look into that workflow before making your final decision.

The key is to have DCI-P3 color space throughout the workflow.

• Premium Member

I've never had this problem before. Once you click the checkbox for anamorphic, it should work in that frame size throughout the whole workflow, through export.

My guess is your project setting is messed up somehow. I'd go back and re-check to verify it's the right setting and when working in DaVinci, you should have a wide screen images with no bars at the top and bottom. This is how it will be exported when you're finished.

Yeah I've googled a lot upon the problem and it seems that the problem is in Open Gate aspect ratio indeed. Its settings aren't represented in Da Vinci project settings so its somehow stays your Scope image within the. letterbox-shaped frame( it is strange 'cause Da Vinci HAS to support Open Gate for it is not a new and unusual format....

So the only workflow I chose is to set project to 2K Scope 2048x858 and to crop the image to fill the selected screen....

Maybe there is any other option to downscale instead of cropping.