File transfer service.. amazing speed..

Robin R Probyn

Just started using a new file transfer service..

MASV.. and MASV Accelerator .. I could send 62GB 4K UHD XAVC .. entire card folder structure .. 1hour 40 mins to the UK from Japan.. average upload speed 89 Mbps.. no max file limit and pay as you go.. Accelerator is $25 per month.. pretty amazing .. and very cheap compared to others ...

If you have fast internet at your base .. this system seems to be very good.. I would never even attempt to send 60GB of 4K video footage before .. be something like 3 days I guess or more !! and as most people have at least pretty good down load speeds at post houses or production co,s.. the other end should be ok too.. could cut out alot of couriering HDD ,s...

Worth a look ..

I have no personal connection to the company,or investment in any way..

Yes Im paying for 20GB on we transfer.. but 20GB is rubbish for video files.. or you have to start chopping up footage to make it fit.. and was slow .. thats the good thing with this service.. no max file size .. and its pay as you go ..although the $25 monthly accelerator really speeded the process up to get nearer to my max up loading speed..

Almost everything I shoot is edited in another country .. and now some editors are requesting proxy files by email to start the edit.. or I can send the whole thing, if its a couple of interviews and some B roll.. the 60GB was about 35 mins of XAVC 4K.. 300Mbps.. sending a HDD half way round the world would have been faster than trying to send that.. but it was 1Hr 40mins !! dont know how they do it.. but quite amazing.. of course you do need decent speed in the first place from your base.. but from home now anyway I can send huge files very quickly..