New Camera Crane on Kickstarter April 3rd

Dan Vance

Wanted to let anyone know who may be looking to get a camera crane, my new ZoomCrane goes live on Kickstarter on April 3rd. Really great deals on the cranes when you contribute to the project. This design features the fastest setup and most compact size of any of the professional cranes.

See basic info/specs at zoomcrane.com (admin has ok'd this announcement)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

So - does this extend and retract, allowing us to do straight technocrane-style moves? I know, bit much to ask!

I like the weight bag approach.

And "rock topper" is a great name. We don't have rocks in the UK, but "semi-liquid mud slurry topper" isn't such a good name.

What's the situation with getting one over to the UK?

So - does this extend and retract, allowing us to do straight technocrane-style moves? I know, bit much to ask!

I like the weight bag approach.

And "rock topper" is a great name. We don't have rocks in the UK, but "semi-liquid mud slurry topper" isn't such a good name.

What's the situation with getting one over to the UK?

It's a fixed-length crane when extended, though it's available in 3 different lengths. The RockTopper is good on tree stumps too, but "StumpTopper" got vetoed... We can ship to the UK. It adds about $90 to $200 USD to the cost, depending on which crane.

Take another look Phil. In the manner it's constructed, it doubles the surface presented to the wind.

Not really doubled, as there's a lot of open area. It's actually very close to the area of a rigid tube that would be of a size that would give the same strength. So wind should not be a factor any more than 'usual' for a crane.