Panasonic GH5 lenses for overhead and outdoor shooing, Need recommendation.

Hi,
Going to buy GH5 and looking lens for overhead shooting videos Drawing,craft,how-to type (like on attached picture), moreover i am going to make outdoor videos

travel, nature etc. Can you recommend Panasonic lens which will be good for both purpose ? or better buy two lenses ? If so which one ?

i have never had any camera, your help will be appreciated

post-69031-0-77250800-1490913880_thumb.jpg

Edited by Irakli Megre

• 2 weeks later...

People are saying the panasonic 12-60mm is good. That will cover most of your normal focal lengths. Then if you wanted a second lens, maybe the panasonic 25mm f1.4?

Yes i saw few panasonic 12-60mm videos and close up quality looks good, maybe i'll buy it

I've done a lot of overhead shooting for food DSLRs. Zoom lenses will SAVE YOUR LIFE.

The Panasonic 12-60mm is good for what you're hoping to do.

Thanks for information!

What do you think 14-140mm or 45-200mm will be good for overhead shooting or better lens with shorter zoom like Panasonic 12-60mm ?

As you have big experience on overhead shooting what will you recommend , tripod like

Manfrotto MT190XPRO4 with Q90 Column
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G36G9Q4/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1LNIKXXSW8W4W&coliid=IRVA0MC8A2YZL

or

Vanguard Alta Pro 263AGH Aluminum Tripod Kit

Or better will be Articulated Arm which will be mounted on table

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0010CMSF2/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1LNIKXXSW8W4W&coliid=I1DQZTDY0SHTNL

Edited by Irakli Megre

Thanks for information!

What do you think 14-140mm or 45-200mm will be good for overhead shooting or better lens with shorter zoom like Panasonic 12-60mm ?

The 12-60mm will probably cover all that you need, given the 2x crop factor of the lens. Plus, I imagine it'll have less glass than a 14-140mm, so it'll appear sharper.

14-140mm seems like overkill in terms of range, and the 45-200mm will be too tight for what you're doing overhead wise.

Outside of food photography, the 14-140mm may be better for documentary work.

As you have big experience on overhead shooting what will you recommend , tripod like

Manfrotto MT190XPRO4 with Q90 Column

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G36G9Q4/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1LNIKXXSW8W4W&coliid=IRVA0MC8A2YZL

or

Vanguard Alta Pro 263AGH Aluminum Tripod Kit

Or better will be Articulated Arm which will be mounted on table

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0010CMSF2/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1LNIKXXSW8W4W&coliid=I1DQZTDY0SHTNL

These seem like they'll do the job, but my vote is the articulating arm paired with a heavy duty 3-rise stand and a "menace" arm style rig. The key to overhead work is the ability to rotate/level the camera body without having to rotate/level the stand. Also, having the ability to lower/raise the camera without tripod legs expanding/contracting is a must.

The 12-60mm will probably cover all that you need, given the 2x crop factor of the lens. Plus, I imagine it'll have less glass than a 14-140mm, so it'll appear sharper.

14-140mm seems like overkill in terms of range, and the 45-200mm will be too tight for what you're doing overhead wise.

Outside of food photography, the 14-140mm may be better for documentary work.

These seem like they'll do the job, but my vote is the articulating arm paired with a heavy duty 3-rise stand and a "menace" arm style rig. The key to overhead work is the ability to rotate/level the camera body without having to rotate/level the stand. Also, having the ability to lower/raise the camera without tripod legs expanding/contracting is a must.

Thanks a lot