What it takes...

Here's what I have to say about "luck"... screw it! The people who bust their asses relentlessly and have the drive to go further than everyone else with what they do, will ALWAYS come out ahead, because they truly have talent and dedication. Even if it seems like someone's getting a "lucky break", I don't think it is ever that simple.

None of this stuff is easy, people are not going to praise you every step of the way, and you just have to keep your eyes on the prize if it really, really matters to you. Think of a work ethic like this- in a society where most people just try to coast through based on the least amount of effort- and it is truly admirable. If anyone ever implied that I am just "lucky", I really don't know what I would say to that but it probably wouldn't be very nice. I guess what I'm saying is that luck implies lack of skill, or lack of the acknowledgement of a skill. I'd like to think that what we do is a little more demanding than say, winning the lottery, which really would be luck.

I know where I want to be in 10 years and if blind luck wants to play a part in it, great...but I want people to see what *really* got me there- hard work, skills, and devotion.