Red Dragon LCD Issue... Help...

Hi,

Shooting on the Red Dragon this weekend and LCD screen not working...! If I move the camera slightly and am lucky the monitor flickers on for a minute, then if I move the camera it loses picture.

Have attached a picture of what it looks like! Tried the obvious - changing cables etc, turning off camera, done a hard restore.

Would love any advice! Supposed to be using the thing today...

Thanks - really appreciate it!

post-70032-0-07043200-1491634607_thumb.jpg

If you have tried another monitor and it works but the troubled monitor does not, swapping out cables does no good and swapping cameras does no good, you might try applying alternating twist pressures to the monitor body itself very slightly in degree of twist and very gently with a flat hand palm on each side.

If the screen image restores or jumps about more, this suggests there may be a dry joint on ribbon cable conductors or other connectors or around the display panel within the monitor itself. Please be exceptionally gentle doing this or you may cause greater damage.

One of my SI2K monitors plays up like your example. The LCD panel itself was the culprit for me. Short of replacing it, there was no cure. The temporary fix was to establish positive pressure to the back of the LCD by adding a cube of black foam between the rear of the panel and the rear casework. This worked for a while until the foam eventually slumped one warm day, then it was back to square zero.

Edited by Robert Hart

• Premium Member

I would suggest posting technical troubleshooting questions for Red cameras on Reduser.net.

You're much more likely to get a quicker response that specifically addresses your issue, and Red also monitors those threads so you will likely get info straight from the manufacturer.