Lens mount on Angenieux 9.5-57

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone can tell me what mount this could possibly be. I purchased this Angenieux 9.5-57 thinking this was a PL mount, but it's far too small for the opening. Ultimately I would like to use it on my PL mount camera, but if it's not capable I would try to sell it, but knowing the mount type would go a long way for both plans.

any help would be appreciated!

post-71718-0-74668800-1492005697_thumb.jpg

post-71718-0-07153000-1492005859_thumb.jpg

Hello Mitch...

Looks like the Cinema Products CP16R mount on the lens......

f41w1s.jpg

303l2sl.jpg

2v3m2br.jpg

2dguuc5.jpg

Your 9.5-57 lens with the CP16R lens mount looks to be a factory adapted lens, not a CP16R adaptor that would slip on to a Arri Standard or Arri B-mount. Your lens would have to be refitted with a PL mount (best way to go), or with an Arri Standard/Arri B-mount type mount. Then you could get a PL adaptor. I don't think Cinema Products made a PL mount or an adaptor.

Charlie

Ken Hale at Whitehouse AV used to make and install stainless steel PL-Mount replacements for the CP-Mounts on some Angenieux lenses. I don't know how well he is travelling these days. He was sick quite a while back. There was a guy with an english accent who used to work at Whitehouse AV when I visited there in 1996 and had modified a CP16R for PL and Super16mm. I think he may have moved to Visual Products. An enquiry to either might find a solution for your lens.

Edited by Robert Hart

Hi Mitch,

There is also a CPR to C mount adapter (a VERY expensve one, at that!), if you should like to use the lens on any C (25mm) mount camera, such as the French Beaulieu R16 or the Pathé 16 Duolight/Report cameras.

I have an Angénieux 9,5 - 57mm lens in CPR-16 mount myself, and I am considering this adapter:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371050588537?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Best regards,
Bengt in Sweden

Edited by Bengt Freden