Battery Pack for a Canon Scoopic

Marty Hamrick

When my pistol grip battery bit the dust on my Beaulieu R-16,I built a battery pack with,if memory serves me correctly,10 D cells.A few weeks ago,one of the engineers at the station I work for dug up an old Canon Scoopic from an old office cabinet.The battery is long dead,but other than that the thing looks hardly used.It has a "TV 4 Sports" logo on it,so I know the thing got a lot less use/abuse than had it been a news camera.They're talking about using it to shoot some promo type stuff,anchor head turn glamour shots,that kind of thing.Thinking about making a battery pack for it.Anyone have any experience with this?How many cells,where to get the proper cables and such.Many thanks.

Marty

Thanks Tim.

Marty,

The link posted for a do it yourself battery pack is for the Scoopic M/MS series cameras. It won't work with the original straight 16 scoopics as their battery compartments are smaller. Just wanted to let you know since I just made this mistake with my scoopic.

Greg

Edited by k3shooter

I built essentially the same thing for my Scoopic M using all Radio Shack parts, and it works great.

I just soldered the ends of the leads to the camera contacts, but I wouldn't suggest it, because I've opened the compartment up, had the battery fall & rip the wires off.

I'm going to mod mine like the one in this example.

Thanks for the link!

MP