Atomos Ninja Inferno vs Shogun Flame for A7 cameras

I was planning on purchasing a Shogun Flame for the my A7RII before I heard of the new release of the Ninja Inferno, they both supply the XLR Phantom power I was looking to add my my recorder (why ninja flame wasnt an option)

From what I can see the biggest difference is that the Shogun has a SDI input and output and the Ninja can record up to 60FPS at 4K, neither of which seem apply to the A7RII but I guess would depend on which of the two is more useful for future projects with different cameras. Is there anything I'm not taking into account for A7 series users?

I also read today by a B&H staff member that this device shoots 4K 60fps on the sony A7SII however this seems unlikely, but if anyone has any information would be great to hear it.

Hi Jordan,

It's unprofessional to provide links that count towards ad revenue or pays you for every click. If you would like to receive revenue from traffic, please contact administration about purchasing ad space.

To answer your question:

SDI/BNC has proven to be a consistent connection for digital and film systems, so getting an external recorder that has both options is a good idea for future cameras you'll use.

On the flip side, 4K 60p is also a future format you'll be using.

My vote is the Shogun because of the connection. Most of the time, depending on your type of work, projects are shot at normal 24/25/30p. But then again, times are changing!