Waiver form for actors

I think this is the right place for this.

I'll be shooting a short film this summer. I'm building a set in my apt. It's great fun and it'll be cool.

But I need to take seriously the 1/1,000,000 freak accidents. I take safety very seriously; I'll have a guy on-set who's only gig is keep an eye on safety.

Mind you, this is a teensy weensy production, a homemade effort.

But lotsa things can happen. I'll be using a fog machine for a little bit---what if an actor's asthma is activated or an unknown allergy and 911 gotta be called...tripping, falling etc

As careful as I can be, I think I need an indemnifying agreement signed by all participants, no?

Anyone know how to do that properly? Must it be done through a lawyer, or is a piece of paper that I compose sufficient?

Thanks all

You have contradicting ideas.

....You say you take safety seriously yet you want people to sign a waiver to cover something they have no control over i.e fog machine you bring to set.

If you do take it seriously then you get insurance for your shoot because.. as you mentioned..accidents do happen.

Waivers are for activities in which the participant acknowledges that the activity they are about to engage in can be dangerous and cause injury.