Films Shot with both ANAMORPHIC and SPHERICAL Lenses

I'm currently working on a feature that is shooting next month and I'm looking to find films that mix anamorphic and spherical lens formats (as that is the plan for this film as well).

So far I've found several films shot as such ("The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" and "The Revenant","John Wick" as well if I recall correctly), though I'm looking for films that aren't massive action films (for the sake of comparison) so that I can see how they adapt the different look of the lenses for different story elements.

• Premium Member

I don't think that The Revenant was shot on anamorphic, they shot on Spherical lenses, Master Prime and Leica Summilux C.

Biutiful, directed by Iñarritu was shot on Panavision mixing Spherical and Anamorphic lenses.

Have a good day.

"Scott Pilgrim vs. the World" was mostly shot with spherical lenses and switched to anamorphic for the fight scenes.

"Spectre" - The opening sequence in Mexico was shot with spherical lenses and the rest of the film was anamorphic. The night scenes were shot on the Alexa 65 with Primo 70 lenses.

Edited by Ravi Kiran

Some excellent examples! I certainly should've known for Spectre...thanks to all of you for your help thus far! Babel and Biutiful offer the best comparison, I think, for what the approach is going to resemble in terms of lensing.