shooting a car for sunset (INT)

Has any one ever lit a car for sunset after its already dark on location? There are a few ways I can think of with large set ups or in a studio but in this case im looking for more of an on the go shoot with my largest light being a 1.2 my concern is that i want to avoid the light looking like a street light . I need to make sure there is enough ambient daylight. any thoughts would be much appreciated. thanks

Is the car driving? Is "sunset" when the sun is still above the horizon or just below?

If parked, then lighting will be easy. Your biggest challenge becomes lighting the BG. A single 1.2 won't be enough to act as a key light and BG light.

If the sun is still above the horizon, then emulate the sun by keeping your light low and hard (the sun is close to the horizon after all, right???). If the sun has just gone below the horizon, then soft light becomes your friend. I still recommend a low key for the "below" the horizon light because technically the entire sky becomes the key light for the subject; therefore the horizon (which has the most remaining sunlight) is lighting your subject.