Trouble Finding the Correct Crop Factor Formula

Apologies if this question has already been addressed, but by what I could tell actual mathematical calculations haven't been brought up.

Right now I have an Alan Gordon Mark V director's viewfinder. I'm trying to figure out what the exact focal lengths (Give or take 2-3 millimeter) would be for commonly used sensor sizes such as full frame, Canon aps-c, and the Red Scarlet.

After calling Alan Gordon this is what I know for sure. The 35mm window is based off of super 35 3-perf film, 24.9 x 13.9. My baseline that would remain consistent on the viewfinder for these calculations would be the the 35mm window with a 16:9 aspect ratio.

My question is as I find out the crop factor each sensor has in relation to the viewfinder do I need to apply that 16:9 aspect ratio to the sensor sizes? This part confuses me. In my mind I would want to leave the sensor sizes untouched.

I suppose I'm just thoroughly confused. If someone can shed some light on what would be an appropriate course of action to take in figuring out what formula to use I would be so grateful.

If the aspect ratio doesn't change then you can just either the horizontal or vertical measurement to figure out the crop factor. For example, the crop factor between a format that is 36mm wide versus 24mm wide is 36 divided by 24.

David, that's a good point. Thanks for reminding me of that.