Seeking DP for Feature Shooting in L.A. in Nov./Dec.

David Willis

It's a 4-week shoot here in L.A., mostly at one location.

Although low budget ($850k), we're a very experienced team, and you can see us here.

We've got 15 Emmy nominations and won 4 (The Simpsons, Frasier), and have an Oscar-winning composer on the project. And yes, we know lots of DPs, but they all work at the network/studio level and we can't afford them on this. Also, they're all booked. ;)

So we need a hungry up-and-coming DP for our Christmas comedy. Shooting on an Alexa and finishing in UHD. The movie has distribution.

This is a character-driven family Christmas comedy. As for style, it would be as though Woody Allen directed A Christmas Story. Longer takes, but with fast-paced farce. Lots of blocking. Excellent cast with great comedic timing.

As a director, I'm extremely collaborative with the DP, so you won't be just following orders. I want a creative partner, not someone phoning it in. It's a great chance for someone who wants to (1) get a feature under their belt with a fun, Emmy-winning team, or (2) has been doing lots of drama/horror and wants to cleanse their palate with a witty comedy.

Of course there is pay, but remember the $850k budget.

Please post links to your reel and I'll look at them all.

Many thanks,

David

Edited by David Willis

• Premium Member

Hi David,

I love a good farce, and I'll be in L.A. In October, and could be persuaded to stay through Nov/Dec if there's a job to be had.

I've shot five features to date and have two more coming up next year. You can check out my work and my reel on my website: www.dreamsmiths.com.au

Cheers,

Mark

• Premium Member

Hey David

While i'm sure you'll find plenty of very amazing dops here on the forum as well as in real life in la, I'd be delighted to throw myself into contention as well. To that end, I cordially invite you to have a look at my own website, www.adriansierkowski.com which houses my reel and resume. Give it a look and please, feel free to drop me a message should you wish to chat.

-Adrian

• 3 weeks later...