100 ASA indoor and Bauer C700 xlm

Hello

I have a question about my camera and the indoor shooting with a film kahl NC 21. So 100 ASA.

I took it to be able to film inside and outside ... The worry is that I noticed that my camera displays a very open diaphragm compared to a hand cell (basically instead of the theoretical 1/30 camera I have to read 1/125 on the cell) so I need a lot of light to get out of the sub-exposure area of ​​the camera. I do not know if I make myself understood but I wanted to know if I really have to enormously illuminate or if I did not make the diaph of the camera and the result will be correct with a normal light for 1/30. And also in passing if you can give me your opinion on this film.

100iso means the film needs a lot of light. A Bout de Souffle was shot at 800 iso. I think the interiors were shot without film lights but they were very carefully chosen. I'd have to pop ISO up to at least 1600 to shoot in most of my house on a typical day.

Without any meaning to give offense, if you have't yet got a feel for ISO then you are much better off shooting with digital until you develop that feel. Borrow or buy a cheap mirrorless like a GX80 - you'll see the light as it will be recorded and you can review your work instantly. Once you've used it for a few weeks, then go back to film if you feel it is right for your project.

For my first short film I filmed with a Yashica which opened to f1,2 like my Bauer and it was of the 200t ... Indeed I should test numerical first to give me an idea but my Olympus omd em5 only opens f3.5 so I could hardly compare.

The em5 is an interchangeable lens camera. Or just set the iso and do the maths - that's a 3 stop difference. So a room that would be 1600 at f3.5 would be 200 for the Yashica at f1.2. Crudely - ignoring dynamic range for one thing.