So who still sells bulk Super-8 for reloading?

Samuel Berger

Hello! I recently bought film from Retro8mm and here is what I found: Tak is incredibly busy answering emails from all over the world, so he tends to focus on orders before questions. What I did was just send them money through their PayPal account. It wasn't enough money, so I immediately got a response from Tak, letting me know the balance. I would send them $38 per cartridge(includes processing); plus $5 for shipping(they also ask you to add 5% to cover PayPal fees). Once you've established that you are a serious customer; Tak is pretty good about responding to emails after that. Please not that there are two web pages; one with new prices and one with older prices. I wish I had a ZC1000! I've been collecting Z800's which are very close in quality. Regards.

Well thanks to the info here I can try contacting the guy in Holland and sending Tak some money as bait. think I'll try Holland first. Thanks guys. I'll post my results.

My experience with Japanese businesses is that they only care about Japanese customers. I would be happy to see that change.

A friend and I just bought 15 rolls of Super 8 Provia 100D carts from Tak and he shipped it to NYC. So he replies. Just keep emailing. And I'm super pumped to shoot this stuff!! I don't think he sells bulk rolls for self-loading through. Just his own rolled carts of Single and Super 8.

A friend and I just bought 15 rolls of Super 8 Provia 100D carts from Tak and he shipped it to NYC. So he replies. Just keep emailing. And I'm super pumped to shoot this stuff!! I don't think he sells bulk rolls for self-loading through. Just his own rolled carts of Single and Super 8.

Did he sell you the "overseas tax free" package? And how much was that? Thanks, I'm really dying to shoot me some Single 8.

Uh. Not sure about that. Don't think so. I just paid the $38/cart plus $30 for shipping and then the ~$30 Paypal fees on my order. Ended up around $45/cart which is a hell of a deal compared to what Ektachrome 100D fetches on eBay these days and it's a gorgeous film too! Unlike Agfa 200D. Blech.

Ignacio on the Facebook Super 8 group buys a lot of Single 8 Provia from Tak.

Yep, currently they list Agfa Scala only

http://www.wittnercinetec.com/Super8Bulkfilm

Maybe they could offer Wittner Chrome 200D as well?

I will ask them.

Indeed shop and contact form are accessible now. Wittner seems to be back in Super8game :-)

Jubilations! I've received a notice from them that my order has been accepted and shipped! The boys are back in Super 8 town!