Need a brand that fits my frame

Besides, Rosco roll on diffusion gels, what brand of fabric can perfectly wrap around my Matthews 4x4 square tubing diffusion frame. I've been looking for weeks, would hate to have wasted my money on this pointless frame. Felt like I was a good brand, but after seeing other brands like Westcott, I'm very unsatisfied with how annoying it is to deal with this frame, especially if there is no fabric brand that can fit snug around it.

No, I wasn't even aware of that until now? But I'd assume these are rolls of fabric that has to be clamped onto the frame, or is there a solution in which actually allows the material to physically "wrap" snug around the frame without clamps?

It looks like you can buy any length you want. "Available in any size you want and can be purchased by the yard" seems .to be common in the small print after each fabric product..

Ask Mathews directly about any attachment methods they have or contact a local clothing repair shop/dressmaker or possibly sail maker for your own wrap method. There are local people around who have the skills for this.

Edited by Brian Drysdale
  • Upvote 1

Westcott is the only one with the velcro on the frame and on the fabric so that you can stretch the fabric tight to the edge of the frame.

The standard 4x rags use mason line type of ties to attach the rag to the frame.

If you want to attach Gels to the breakdown 4x frame then you will have to tape them on like a regular fixed 4x frame.

they're all the same really- they come from the same place before they're sewn up in to the various sizes.

You could also just buy a roll of velcro strip material and put some on your 4x fame and then buy Westcott fabrics.

https://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/S-12727/Hook-&-Loop-Tape/Tape-Strips-Loop-Black-1-x-75?pricode=WB0637&gadtype=pla&id=S-12727&gclid=Cj0KCQjwvOzOBRDGARIsAICjxof2DYdvUVy0FZBhTrj9p91s9Sv9Rd3K7cWRt7AG95_g9qxDWmkFASoaAvqmEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds