Anyone know Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn ?

David Edward Keen

It's playing at the Quad in NYC.

I saw the trailer. What type of things contribute to it looking the way it does? It's 35mm right?

Sorry for such a vague question, but it's like when someone asks me why does Mozart sound the way it does and yet an imitation of Mozart fall so short?

There are several technical reasons why, but in cinematography I cannot put my finger on why it seems not to work the same as say Star Wars, visually speaking.

Let's just say I am NOT judging it simply because it doesn't look like another film...even taken as its own style, i'm curious---mainly because i am soon to look at footage for my own short after months of shooting and ive already seen peaks, enough to reach for an antacid. =)

The answer is, it was shot on 3D.

I love love LOVE that movie but for purely nostalgic reasons.

Also, it uses the same soundtrack, crew and cast members as DUNGEONMASTER.

It's just a plain fun film, it doesn't matter if it isn't STAR WARS. I'd love to go see it in a movie theater with a crowd!

• Upvote 1

well i meant besides 3D...maybe the trailer i saw was pulled off of a video cassette someone had. i think the question is too involved and hugely broad anyways. i wish it had some kind of production "diary" kind of like reading about productions in American Cinematographer. I'm looking forward to seeing it at any rate!