IWYM - A few frame grabs

Just finished a low budget movie, with a director I like working with a lot. It was my first movie in a while shooting with Sony F55s, and I was reminded just how much I like the pictures from them. Great cameras, easy to use. Here's a few stills from dailies.

Untitled-9.jpg

Untitled-12.jpg

Untitled-20.jpg

Untitled-26.jpg

Untitled-27.jpg

Untitled-28.jpg

Looks great.. Tyler et el.. please give these frame grabs a look.. yes the f55 can look very nice.. in the hands of those who know the camera and post workflow.. and have the talent to make it shine..and haven't spent millions in post.. that other myth.. I think we can put that one to bed..

Looks great.. Tyler et el.. please give these frame grabs a look.. yes the f55 can look very nice.. in the hands of those who know the camera and post workflow.. and have the talent to make it shine..and haven't spent millions in post.. that other myth.. I think we can put that one to bed..

I still want to know what it is called. And who the girl is in the first pic.

But mostly, I would like to know if the general audience can catch any differences in image quality between the F55 and the Ursa Mini Pro. I think it may have been Tyler who couldn't get usable images out of Sony cameras. I hate Sony so I didn't look into it further.

• Premium Member

They look fine, but I don't shoot this way. This is pretty much the only type of cinematography where the Sony's shine. Quite a few of the shows from the UK I've seen using the F55, have a similar style of cinematography.

We actually considered shooting with Ursa Mini Pros, but in the end I managed to get an F55 package at a price that worked for us. I don't know how the two systems compare against each other. I find the Sony cameras very straightforward in Cine EI mode, and have gradually developed my own LUTs for them over the course of the 6 movies I've shot with them.