Eclair TS to PL Lens Adapter

Dave Perry

Hi everyone. I just bought an Eclair ACL II. I've contacted AZ Spectrum, Visual Products, and Les Bosher and am waiting for responses but was also wondering if anyone knows of and adapter to go from the Eclair's TS mount to PL lens. I can't seem to find anything other than C-mount to PL and that just seems too risky as far as stress on the threads. Spoke to Bernie at super16inc and he is going to do the conversion to U16mm and suggested I look on eBay for adapters but I can't find any.

Thanks.

dp

I take it you've been here?

http://www.lesbosher.co.uk/Eclair%20ACL%20Page.html

I wouldn't suggest the Ultra 16 for the Eclair ACL simply because the Super 16 is so inexpensive at Les Bosher.

If you go to that link you'll see he can also add a rod system where you can place a lens support. So using a PL lens with a C adapter won't be stressing anything.

He also sells the PL to ACL adapter.

AZ Spectrum's video assist for Eclair NPR is about $1350 for b&w. I expect it to be about the same for the ACL.

Why are you contacting Visual Products? Feeling wealthy? ;-)

Edited by Samuel Berger

Hi Samuel. Yes, I've visited Les Bosher's site and e-mailed him. It's hard to tell from the photos on his site if he uses the C-mount or TS mount for his adapters. I've got tons of base plates, dove tails rods, lens supports, etc, from other camera rigs so I'm not worried about that right now, just the adapter.

Hi Samuel. Yes, I've visited Les Bosher's site and e-mailed him. It's hard to tell from the photos on his site if he uses the C-mount or TS mount for his adapters. I've got tons of base plates, dove tails rods, lens supports, etc, from other camera rigs so I'm not worried about that right now, just the adapter.

They are TS mount. Beautifully made, but expensive. The cheapest way to get all the stuff you need is to buy a camera kit that already has it. But there seem to be less of them for sale lately.