Brian Dzyak

Vice News

Does anyone know what camera and format Vice News is shot on and if they add a look in post? Its got a very crisp look and also seems to have a slight white cast as if shot with a white pro-mist.

Thanks!

Brian Dzyak

IATSE Local 600

Los Angeles

www.dzyak.com

I'm not sure about these past couple years but when I watched them in 2014 there were a lot of Canon DSLRs in use.

The VICE guys made a fiction film which was essentially a modernised retelling of the Guyana/People's Temple tragedy where the main characters were VICE reporters and you got to see exactly what gear they used.

Either c300MKII or Fs7. Mostly still photo lenses like canon zooms, but maybe the higher tier shooters have cine zooms. I doubt they are using any pro mist.

Ive shot for Vice.... Sony f5.. Canon CN7 cine zoom .. the other guy had an Fs7.. cant remember what lens.. might have been CN7 with PL adaptor.. XAVC 23.98p..no filters.. what ever look they have is done in post I would think..

Fs7 has pretty much taken over all the type of work.. AFAIK.. with the odd c300 maybe still being used with DP owner one.. camera,s are so cheap now I dont think DSLR,s are being used much.. unless its covert shooting..we had a PA shooting with one but it was a march and he didn't want to stand out..