Blue painted wall for desired effect. Tungsten vs. HMI

Hi all. First thanks for the attention. This forum is so helpful cuz all of you.

So I have this social ad. Shoot on Friday.

The set up is very simple. One wall painted blue as reference below

I'm wondering how lighting temperature will affect the intensity of a blue tone.

I was thinking of tungsten lighting set up and balance the camera for 3200/3500k but now I'm confused a little since I know that tungsten white balance setting tends to over saturate the blue tones.

So... what would be the best scenario for achieving desired look?

Lighting 3200k and camera set to 3200k? Or, lighting 5600 and rate the camera for 5600?

What do you think guys?

Shooting Arri Alexa mini, master primes

Ps. I know That in post I can shift the blue into many tones but I'm thinking what would be the most convenient in this situation.

Thanks a lot.

Ted.

post-43038-0-54264700-1510757268_thumb.png

Edited by Tadeusz Kieniewicz

• 2 weeks later...

I assume you figured out an approach but that image definitely looks like a manipulated photograph. That color is a pretty saturated blue with some green in it and if it were me and I wanted a very specific background color like that, I might just use greenscreen for unlimited options in post. If all you wanted was a rich deep blue, yeah, shooting at 3200 everywhere else with the background having daylight on it would give you that, but then so could just using blue gel on your background lights, or using blue paint.