Collapsible Cart for Moving C-Stands

Frank Hegyi

How do you guys move c-stands around? If I had a proper grip truck/van, I'd buy a proper c-stand cart, but I need something that can collapse down into my little Kia Soul. My go-to rental is a junior magliner, but I did a corporate interview last week where I had to cart 6 c-stands and a bunch of sand bags a couple blocks and up a tiny elevator. The stands were able to stack on the top shelf of the magliner, but it was very awkward. There must be a better way.

• 2 weeks later...

The add on bracket requires the wheel conversion kit also-

$255.00 just for the C-stand bracket plus the cost of the wheel conversion if you don't already have that.

I have a few guys that switch out to beefy baby stands with a C-Stand Grip head and Arm for easier transpo in cars.

Still a pain if yer humping equipment alone.

It's not a permanent solution, but on a few occasions in NY elevators I've done used this technique with great success. Certainly WAY cleaner and easy to move than laying flat.

Standard hand cart (magliner, steel crappy home depot hand truck - whatever) standing vertically with a 1/2 applebox laying flat and sticking outward on the tongue. Stand the C-stands vertically with the legs hanging off the side of the applebox, they should stack neatly. Bungee it tight to the cart. Roll away. For a little extra support on big bumps, stick a maffer clamp with a 16" 5/8 rod chucked into it on one vertical rail of the cart to line-up the c-stand arms. I've done 6 stands successfully with some dirt on the base as well.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Have you considered C-Stand rolling cases or bags? Matthews, Sachlter, Impact, Lightware, Tenba, etc They usually only holds the Turtle base versions, Rocky Mountains no go.

I just bought two Impact: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1241011-REG/impact_lkb_rcs_light_kit_bag.html (still on holiday discounts as of now)

They usually hold 2 per case and fit snugly. The Matthews rolling holds 3.

My thoughts are that because these cases are rectangular they stack well and easy for the cart alongside with other rectangular cases for lights. The padding will also protect the client's property against bumps and scratches during transport.

In the car, it is also more versatile to load in 2-3 cases (you got choices), versus 1 big case.

Edited by ANTON CHIA

• 3 months later...

What is this... C-stand... Of which you speak?

Aww, come on- even Bowens make them.

https://www.wexphotovideo.com/globalassets/product-images/1532000/1532668.jpg

That's not to say anyone buys them, but they make them. Perhaps they've just made the one, to photograph for the catalogue.

They look a bit temperamental to me.

Edited by Mark Dunn

• 1 month later...