What's happening IN L.A.?

Samuel Berger

I'm just curious how many of you have been impacted by the fires, any shoot cancellations or loss of resources, etc.

On a personal note...I watched the fire on TV and all I could think of was, "Man, I love to shoot film". Crazy that that was my reaction. I wanted to be there shooting it with my Eclair NPR. :-P

• Premium Member

Much looking forward to seeing your work on Westworld next season. An aside, my G/f actually is one of the "horde" on occasion.

The fires, so far have mostly just played havoc with my sinus, and coated my whole apartment complex in ash.

A friend of mine had her day scrubbed when they lost power, very close to the fires, but, aside from the great loss of land and houses, most production seems to go on.

I heard there was a an issue with getting FSOs; but dunno whats up with that.

well this literally just popped into my inbox:

As a service to the production community, FilmL.A. has consolidated all fire-related updates pertaining to filming.

Please bookmark this post to access the most recent information including the following updates from the City and County of Los Angeles.

As a service to the production community, FilmL.A. has consolidated all recent fire-related updates pertaining to filming.

Please bookmark this post to access the most recent information including the following updates from the City and County of Los Angeles:

Update 12:00 p.m., December 8, 2017

Having reviewed the current fire danger impacting several areas in the City, the Los Angeles Police Department and Los Angeles Fire Department are jointly modifying City-mandated limits on filming in Mountain Fire Zones and other areas, which have been in effect since December 6.

Effective immediately, filming and related activity will once again be allowed in the Griffith Park, Elysian Park and Ernest E. Debs Park areas.

Suspension of filming and filming related activity remains in effect in very high fire severity zones including the following:

• Sunland/Tujunga Fire Area
  • Skirball/Temescal Canyon to Franklin Fire Area
  • Hansen Dam

At this time, filming restrictions at L.A. County-operated parks and facilities remain unchanged. Scroll down to see a list of off-limits County controlled properties per FilmL.A.’s December 6 announcement. The Angeles National Forest also remains off-limits to filming, through December 18.

Production representatives with questions or concerns are invited to contact Sgt. Vincent Aguirre, LAPD Contract Services Section Film Unit for more information at (213) 486-0672.

FilmL.A.’s Production Planning Team is also available to assist in the identification of available locations for filming at (213) 977-8600.

Update 12/7/17, 1:30 p.m.

Applications for Filming in Angeles National Forest Halted Until 12/18/17 Due to Brush Fires

Due to current brush fires, we are not able to accept permit applications for the Angeles National Forest with first dates of activity occurring before December 18th, 2017.

Permit applications for production activity occurring on or after 12/18 will be reviewed and approved on a case by case basis.

For questions about filming in the Angeles National Forest or for answers to general production related questions please contact or Production Planning team at 213.977.8600

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Update 12/6/17, 6:00 p.m.

On December 6, citing risks to public safety posed by multiple area wildfires, Mayor Garcetti declared a local State of Emergency in the City of Los Angeles. With police and fire resources on tactical Alert, and with safety their main concern, the Los Angeles Police Department, in conjunction with the Los Angeles Fire Department, has suspended all permitted filming in Mountain Fire Zone and other affected areas.

The LAPD’s order revokes all previously issued permissions to film in named areas from Wednesday, December 6th beginning at 3 p.m. and ending Monday, December 11th at 6 a.m.. Affected areas include:

• All City-Designated Mountain Fire Zones
  • Sunland/Tujunga Fire Area
  • Skirball Fire Area
  • Pacific Palisades Area
  • Griffith Park
  • Elysian Park
  • Ernest E. Debs Park
  • Hansen Dam Recreation Area

FilmL.A. is reaching out to affected production companies to notify them of the change.

Production representatives with questions or concerns are invited to contact Sgt. Vincent Aguirre, LAPD Contract Services Section - Film Unit for more information at (213) 486-0672.

FilmL.A.’s Production Planning Team is also available to assist in the identification of alternate locations for filming at (213) 977-8600.