Jump cuts

George Ebersole

I guess if you can make something out of it, then good for you. And I guess it's generational in that regard. But I can't help but feel that this is akin to writing verse writing well. You can convey data appropriately, or economically, and jump cuts used today strike me as being economic but explained away as being a style.

I suspect there's rambling off the point at various stages, so is sharpening it up with the cuts as if it was radio..

It would be more impressive if she could deliver the polemic without the jump cuts, just clear thought..

• Premium Member

I suspect there's rambling off the point at various stages, so is sharpening it up with the cuts as if it was radio..

It would be more impressive if she could deliver the polemic without the jump cuts, just clear thought..

That's kind of how I feel about all YouTube media, not just that young woman. And I think that's what my instructors were getting at. Oh well. I needed to vent on the topic. Thanks for the replies.

• Premium Member

One other note. To me it's akin to people phrasing their statements as questions. Like ... "I'm going to the store." verse "I'm going to the store?" when both phrases mean the exact same thing.

It's a kind of placation and short cut, and it bugs me.

Whatever. I guess jump cuts are here to stay ... sure do wish there was a law though.