How do you post a picture

Robin R Probyn

• Premium Member

You have to bracket the url of your image (the image needs to uploaded online, to a website like 'imgur') with the following code:

[img]......url goes here.......[/img]

And that's basically all there is to it.

giphy.gif

• Premium Member

I have a lot of stills on my website that I can post by bracketing the full URL (including the "http://www")with img function but you can also post any image that already exists online.

Nowadays I tend to size my images to 900 pixels max across so that they fit on most devices with the text width. But here's a 1920 x 1080 frame from a blu-ray review site:

large_the_vikings_03_blu-ray_.jpg

The image appears on my 27' iMac screen but when I look at this post on my iPad or iPhone I get "large_the_vikings_03_blu-ray_.jpg" in a box that I have to click on to go to the URL.

But here's an image reduced from 1920 x 1080 to 900 pixels across:

superman36.jpg

This image appears on all my devices.

• Premium Member

So if you see my post above, if you use the full web edition of the site, at the bottom of a reply space is "More Reply Options" and you can attach a file from your computer or phone photo gallery. The one I just posted wasn't a large photo though so you may need to shrink your photos.

• Premium Member

Ok thanks guys.. still a bit hi tech for me.. so I cant just post from my iPhone for eg.. it has to be an image thats "on line"..Im on a shoot at the legendary TOHO studio,s thought I would post some pics.. but I would only be taking them from my iPhone..

I'd say David's method of using the full web version of the forum is going to be the simplest, if you want to load up photos from your phone.

But it's also very simple to upload photos from your phone to imgur.com for free, and then you can link to them on the forum. Only takes a minute or two once you understand the process.

it worked !..quality a bit low.. point of interest is this lovely huge diffusion screen.. actually there is one either side but its right edge on and harder to see ..and has a built in honey comb in the front.. 12K tungsten going through each one.. green screen HFR..

Thanks for the assistance .. no stopping me now.. I,ll try to get some more tomorrow

Edited by Robin R Probyn

sorry didn't check.. its basically approx 10 cm deep honey comb grid that fits to the front of the frame.. you can put what ever diffusion you like on the frame its self.. but its amazing how well they cut spill.. ideal for green screen of course.. we had 2 x 12K tungsten from either side for the talent..banged through these diffusion frames.. and just a whole load of space lights for the green..

will be on that stage Monday .. find out the maker.. its most likely one of the usual suspects .. I doubt its a Japanese made product..and very much doubt they are cheap unfortunately !..

• Premium Member

You can upload images to the forum's storage space, which avoids the damn things timing out if you use a free service like imgur, so that if someone comes by in a few years the pictures will still be there.

You need to be using the full version of the post editor, so hit the button marked "more reply options."

You'll see the "attach files" controls below the place where you type the post. Hit "choose file" and find a picture. Hit "attach this file," then "add to post."

Like this:

post-29-0-15111700-1516901265_thumb.jpg

If you want to use the same image again, you can use its address, which ends up being something like:

http://www.cinematography.com/cine-uploads/monthly_01_2018/post-29-0-15111700-1516901265.jpg

I usually go to Postimage.org, sometimes change expiration settings, click on Choose images, find them on my drive, pick one or several, then copy the direct links, and paste them into the URL field that pops up once you click on the icon with an image of the tree above the place you type your post, or sometimes just simply type the IMG tags around the image manually.

Thanks mate, tried to find something myself but google revealed nothing!

I put some other pics up subject shoot @ TOHO studio.. has better pics of theses honey comb grid..they certainly rent them.. not sure if they actually sell them though ..

Edited by Robin R Probyn

• Premium Member

I put some other pics up subject shoot @ TOHO studio.. has better pics of theses honey comb grid..they certainly rent them.. not sure if they actually sell them though ..

No, doesn't look like they're for sale (based on the website).