Gag bulbs

Hi all, I have recently taken to using 100w tungsten bulbs to add to existing practical fixtures, giving them a bit more punch.

However, not coming from an electrician's background I have no idea how to go about rigging them safely and quickly to a traditional lamp which doesn't have a socket for multiple bulbs...

Some type of clamp to the frame of the lamp perhaps? Something to keep the heat off the shade?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

P.S I am currently working with an attachment similar to the attached picture, except ceramic so it can take higher wattages.

Hmmm, not sure why that is. New to the forum so perhaps I didn't attach the image correctly. This is the fitting I have: https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32830762795.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail&productId=32830762795&productSubject=200W-Max-1-8M-Power-Cord-E27-Lamp-Base-Reptile-Ceramic-Heating-Light-Bulb-Lamp-Holder

But yes that is exactly what I'm trying to do. I couldn't find any fittings that come with the clip attached that take higher wattages (seem to only take 60W), I had gotten ceramic so I could go up to 200W.

Hey Tom,

Your picture/attachment hasn't come through. Are you saying that you're trying to physically add a second, 100w bulb under the lampshades, alongside their existing 40wattever bulbs?

Whatever it says on the shade 100W isn't much worse than 60. Just keep the bulb off the shade and carry some spare shades. 200W bulbs are much bigger than the standard, though, they may not fit well.About 2" longer and 1" fatter.

Have you considered photofloods?

Edited by Mark Dunn