gustavo godinho

How to shoot a feature on Alexa without a focus puller?

I once got in terrible trouble (with a known Arri shill) for suggesting that Amira with Fujinon 19-90 was a beast.

P

I once got in terrible trouble (with a known Arri shill) for suggesting that Amira with Fujinon 19-90 was a beast.

P

Its a fine camera.. but the lack of UHD native would kill a fair chunk of work of your average jobbing camera bod.. its really heavy.. ok its really well built.. but honestly its power draw .. what is it.. 50W or so..!! you need so many batteries .. 19-90.. not wide enough, not long enough.. and used to be north of $40K.. !!.. thats another no from me..

Edited by Robin R Probyn

Ursa Mini Pro.

There will be a new UMP coming out at NAB. I've been told it's a pretty significant upgrade.

The UMP is pretty heavy like the Amira, but it's also pretty cheap. You can spend that extra money on lenses.

I hate to argue and I don't have an Amira here to weigh, but the Ursa Mini Pro is about five pounds, and the Amira is over nine, both without viewfinder. It's almost half the weight, and I would strongly suspect that Arri's viewfinder is heavier.

Both cameras actually have pretty similar power consumption, mainly because they're both based on programmable logic. In my view this is not really acceptable in either case and people using programmable logic in portable equipment need to get a handle on power consumption before the next generation appears and it's even worse.

P

I hate to argue and I don't have an Amira here to weigh, but the Ursa Mini Pro is about five pounds, and the Amira is over nine, both without viewfinder. It's almost half the weight, and I would strongly suspect that Arri's viewfinder is heavier.

Both cameras actually have pretty similar power consumption, mainly because they're both based on programmable logic. In my view this is not really acceptable in either case and people using programmable logic in portable equipment need to get a handle on power consumption before the next generation appears and it's even worse.

P

Yes was going to say.. Ive never picked up the UMP.. but Ive seen them at trade shows.. and they don't look anything like the weight of a Panzer armorer plated Arnold Richter Scope beast.. :)