Hi everyone,

I'm currently preparing for a music video. A couple of scenes will need a misty dreamlike look to it (example down below)? I understand old glass is the best to get this look, but I would like to know the different type that I could rent.

I currently live in the UK wanted to know the most accessible filter and lenses needed to provide an image like this?

Thank you for Reading

Christopher

post-67357-0-17276300-1517962720_thumb.jpg

• Premium Member

ProMist too (or better a Warm Pro Mist) filter, as would a Classic Soft, Or if you want to go CRAZY you can rub nose-greese onto a clear filter and get the streaky effect just where you like.

Personally I'm a fan of Warm Black Pro Mists, but they woudln't lower contrast as much as promist filters.

ProMist too (or better a Warm Pro Mist) filter, as would a Classic Soft, Or if you want to go CRAZY you can rub nose-greese onto a clear filter and get the streaky effect just where you like.

Personally I'm a fan of Warm Black Pro Mists, but they woudln't lower contrast as much as promist filters.

I'm going to test this out Adrian, thank you very much!

Tiffin makes a plugin suite called DFX that can replicate nearly all the tiffin filters in post. I use it a lot for stylistic filters like diffusion, promist, etc.Of course, while I think it has ND filter and polarizer options, you need to use real ND's and polar filters on set.

Edited by Landon D. Parks