M42- C-Mount Is it possible?

Dylan Smart

I looked at that eBay listing and the only thing I noticed was that they say the lens side of the adapter is aluminum. If the C mount thread is that I would be displeased, but I noticed the that the C mount thread is a separate part within the aluminum body, so it may not be aluminum. Just ask them about that.

Aside from that, is the FFD increment accurate..? Measuring from M42 to C mount. If it's not, then there's another source of error, needlessly introduced. Ask them what the machined tolerance is...they will know what the possible error is on this...

• Upvote 1

I recently bought a similar adapter, upon attaching it to the camera it was a very nice secure fit. The adapter appeared to be well made. I bought it for a Bolex and M42 super takumar I have.

It cost me $22AUD, I figure sometimes it is bad economy to go the cheapest, although when I shoot some test footage with it and the focus is buggered or the film plane out, then I will know I have to get a better adapter, and it did not cost the earth. Not all cheap stuff is poor quality I have found.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pixco-Lens-Adapter-Ring-For-M42-Screw-Mount-To-16mm-C-Mount-Film-Movie-Camera/401222713920?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

• Upvote 1