Came TV 900 LED's

So, I've posted this on a few forums, and if you've seen this already, I apologize. I just bought an old set of Came TV 900 LED panels for a very low price. They are very bright and the quality of light is great, but they have a magenta shift. Do I send them back or just buy some plus greens and go on my way?

Does anyone else own these panels, or have this issue?

• Premium Member

I wouldn't necessarily bet that you'd get better leds if you sent them back. You can try plus green, but that might not be all too helpful in the end either. The sad truth is there's a reason why we LEDs we normally use on set are many times more costly than came-tv and other such kit. Not that you can't find good kit elsewhere, but rather, that it's not as "guaranteed" without shelling out for the QC places like Kino, Arri, Quasar, and Lite-gear do.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Old LEDs, and especially cheap old LEDs are pretty awful. I'd certainly avoid using them on talent. They are however, just fine as work lights, or for illuminating distant background features.

So it isn't money completely wasted, but just know that they're not really appropriate (in most circumstances) for lighting actors or products with.

• Upvote 1