Sony a6300 24p setting is actually 23.98p?

Robin R Probyn

I have to admit I did.. but I don't know much at stills/video cameras.. I had used it in 25p only a couple of times.. but didnt know if the 24p was actually 23.98p.. hadn't thought to shoot a clip and look at the metadata .. I don't edit either .. if thats any sort of excuse :)

• Premium Member

I've never found a "24 fps" consumer camera that actually produces 24.00 fps, it's always 23.98. I suspect it's simply because 23.98 isn't going to mean anything to the average punter.
Some HD TVs can handle true 24.00fps, but most are only comfortable with 23.98, which is what comes out of Blu-Ray players offering "24fps"

Then again, manufacturers seem to have no problem using incomprehensible lens sizes such as 1/2.6" :D

I had the a6300 HD XAVC S clip passed for broadcast from the US prod co.. as a B camera.. I believe the files are the same as the A7 series.. but they are FF camera,s and the a6300 is APS-C.. but thats the same as my F5 anyway.. The new A7III looks good ..might be my first FF camera for gimbals..B cam etc Ive avoided DSLR type camera,s them as an A cam.. but I can see they have uses for gimbals..