The audio on my BMPCC is horrible. What do you use to get good sound on it?

Samuel Berger

• Premium Member

The built in mic's don't work at all, so don't even bother using them. The trick to good audio on the pocket is an external mic of some sort.

I use the Rode Video Mic Pro for shotgun purposes and I have a wireless kit for everything else.

The other trick is to saturate the input so you aren't using the gain of the preamp's which are noisy. I also offset one channel lower in gain then the first channel so that if one distorts by accident, at least ya got something.

100% recorded in camera:

• Upvote 1

I helped my niece with her Youtube videolast week, using the BMPCC. I sure wished I had had the Rode then.

My daughter loves those LOL doll things - they are an environmental disaster with all that packaging.

She also like's youtube videos where toys are unwrapped, she'd probably like that one (I'm not going to show it to her for reasons)...

-There are actual great kids shows on Netflix..

- We have Netflix

-Are we watching Netflix?

- Nope, we are watching other kids play with toys on yooutube

- We also have toys

- toys we could be playing with

- are we playing with them?

....nah lets watch other kids play with toys...

- Daughter also wants a youtube channel...

-To unbox toys

- and more toys

- mainly to video tape herself opening them

- playing not so much

Parenting is difficult and confusing....youtube is now banned in my house, unless I'm out and/or the child and wife are breaking the rules (they ignore my rules mostly)

Those guys in "The Village" had the right idea.

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I use an H4N and sync the audio in post

Exactly what I do. Incredibly easy these days and the Zoom can be placed very close or you can use external mics. Standard setup these days is a two camera shoot with zoom and sync all three in Final Cut Pro X with built-in sync feature.