Will this monitor work with my camera?

Hello, I was wondering if any of you could help me ascertain if a certain monitor would work with my Arri SR3 Advanced, and if so which wires/cables would I need to achieve this?

In particular this monitor:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nebtek-NEB70HD-7-LCD-HD-monitor-VariZoom-Lenmar-power-batteries-Marshall-Ikan/263093170571?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Additional information:

I have a sony XC-75 video camera module. The pictures I am trying to upload are apparently too big, but I have a link:

https://www.ccdworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/xc-7573e1.pdf

On the bottom of page 2 you will see a picture of the available ports.

Sorry my formatting is ugly. Anyway I hope that you guys can help and I appreciate any information you can give me. Thanks!

• Premium Member

In theory.

The camera you mention has standard-definition composite video output - anything else would be highly unusual except on the very latest video tap cameras. Various sources mention that monitor having composite input, in which case great, carry on. However, looking at the photo of the back of the monitor on eBay, it looks to have RGB and HD-SDI. I'm not sure exactly what that monitor is, and I'd be cautious about buying it specifically for a composite video situation.

I'm not sure if that tap camera produces a 4:3 or 16:9 output, or what aspect ratios you're anticipating shooting on the SR3. Some monitors can zoom and crop the image to maximise the size of the useful area, which you might find useful.

It should be fairly easy to find an old on-camera monitor that does composite, though - it used to be the standard approach. More modern displays may be digital-only but it won't be hard to find one with composite I/O.

I wonder if that Nebtek on the eBay auction is sporting some sort of add-on module, actually.

Thanks for the reply.

I was hoping to get 16:9 aspect ratio.

That is what was confusing me as well. I can not see the appropriate port on the back of the monitor.

I would be open to buying another monitor as long as I can attach it to my camera. My goal is to try to fly my camera on a Steadicam.

The problem is I am so green that I do not even know what to search. Could you recommend a brand, a certain version, or anything that can point me in the right direction?

Thanks again.