35mm 2-perf camera rental

Surprisingly this has become difficult to come by since I last rented a 2-perf movement system in 2016. I've reached out to Keslow, Abelcine, Otto Nemenz with no luck. I've yet to hear back from Panavision but wanted to reach out here to see if anyone had any reliable sources for renting 2-perf movement cameras.

I really loved working with the Aaton Penelope the few times that I have done so, but it seems to have up and vanished (the last place I found one was Abelcine NY in 2016). At this point however, pretty much any 2-perf movement system will do. So, any ideas or leads?

Thanks in advance.

• Premium Member

You probably had the same Penelopes from Able NY that I broke in for them back in 2009. We used the 2p Aatons on THE FIGHTER. I must say that I thought those were terrible cameras. Heavy, noisy and jam prone. The video taps were a let down as well. Having said this, they were the first generation. Try CAMTEC for 2p. They may be able to help you. Good luck!!!

G

• Premium Member

2 perf was Clairmonts business and now that they're out of business, it's just THAT much harder to find them.

Panavision has them for sure, but they're Gold II's or XL's, not exactly small or light.

There is a rental house here in CA that rents a Moviecam Compact II that's 2 perf, it always comes up on google searches, but I don't remember. :(