Jump to content
David Bay

Enquiry on Specific Lighting Equipment

Recommended Posts

Hey All,

Does anybody know what kind of light is this? (Professional name etc)
I heard from somebody that this kind of lights are call balloon light, but I searched up and down still couldn't find one version of it that can be handheld and mobile....

Would be appreciated if anyone could help me on this!

Cheers and have a nice day.


Edited by David Bay

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a "China Ball." Generally it's just a regular China Ball you can buy at Ikea etc, probably with a "Latern Lock." That looks like a 24" on a Boom Pole, or a painter's Pole, something light-weight.

Could be with a PH213 bulb, or smaller. These days, we'd often use lite-gear LEDs wrapped inside of them (often 120x6 Hybrid Ribbon around a core of some kind.)


A lighting balloon is typically filled with helium and isn't placed on a pole and it substantially larger, and floats in the air.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS


    Abel Cine

    Rig Wheels Passport

    Ritter Battery

    New Pro Video - New and Used Equipment

    Gamma Ray Digital Inc

    Serious Gear

    Metropolis Post

    Paralinx LLC

    Broadcast Solutions Inc

    Visual Products

    Wooden Camera


    Tai Audio

  • Create New...