Camera case foam falling apart

Hello,

I have a couple of flight cases that I got. The foam inside is literally falling up leaving pieces of black foam on the camera.

I can't afford to get new cases as shipping alone would be a lot.

Is there some type of home remedy for this? Is getting a new piece of foam the only option?

You can buy blocks of foam from various case manufacturers, if you give them with the case measurements, You can then cut the foam to create cutouts for fitting the kit into these. It'll last a lot longer than the pick-and-pluck foam.

The foam is light, so the postage costs won't be high.

You can buy blocks of foam from various case manufacturers, if you give them with the case measurements, You can then cut the foam to create cutouts for fitting the kit into these. It'll last a lot longer than the pick-and-pluck foam.

The foam is light, so the postage costs won't be high.

Could you recommend a type of foam? Maybe a link to a website that sell these fairly cheap?

PE foam was used for case inserts for a long time. I think it's polyethylene, closed cell, so no moisture invasion, is tough and cuts easily. I had some in a case that was 20 or 30 years old and one cut surface that was always under pressure did start to sort of decompose. But this foam is still probably the best, you can buy sheets, cost is not bad, of various thicknessnes and build up a stack, or use a thick piece. I normally sliced it with a box cutter knife, but I think you can saw it with a fast fine blade and rout it. Don't know if it hot wires, or if the gas from that is safe etc. Easy to find all this out though.

PE sheet is used is sold to various industries. If having trouble getting part sheets then you could try a friendly case manufacturer. Or just give the job to them :)

Pick and pluck: I don't like the idea of open cell foam. Open to moisture.