Zinc-air batteries question

Luigi Castellitto

I use zinc-air batteries to replace those no longer produced, for example on my Bolex Gossen light meter.
I wondered if there was a way to slow down their discharge when they are not used, in addition to removing them from the device as do with normal batteries.
They have a really short life and cost a little bit.
Thank you. :)

Thank you, Todd, in the past I tried to pack a zinc-air batteries by closing its holes; I did not seem to have achieved great results, but now I'm trying again with another one.

Meantime: I have read about a MR-9 battery adapter which is used with Silver Oxide batteries of 1.55v, for have 1.35v, and replace old PX13.
Do it get the same precision as with the usual zinc-air (like Wein Cell) that replaces the PX13?
Buy the adapter once and then buy the cheap silve oxide it would not be bad.

I've heard varying results but generally it's not suggested since the voltage is different so it affects the meter reading. Fine in a pinch if you need them to even run the camera (like Nizo's) but not recommended.

Also I keep the little sticky cover piece that comes on them as well as the zip-lock bag and when I'm not filming, I replace the sticker and put back in the air tight bag. Seems to work well enough for me. But it IS annoying and if a mod was more accessible to make my Nizo 801M like a Pro that doesn't use the batteries, I'd be all over that.

Thank you, Nick, I'm trying too with a air tight bag (and with holes covered by a sticker), we see that results come out...

However, the WeinCELL MRB625 have the right tension, 1.35v, the exposure meter is accurate.
Perhaps, the adapter I mentioned could be a valid substitution (also reduces to 1.35v batteries that would be 1.50v).
I will write about updates. :)

• 2 weeks later...