Black Silks

Nelson JJ Flores

why are you renting it in the first place.. sorry, but its the obvious question.. :)

I guess one use would be for negative fill.. or big flag.... Ive only ever used them as Neg fill .. but I guess there might be other uses.. hiding food from extras..

Edited by Robin R Probyn

why are you renting it in the first place.. sorry, but its the obvious question.. :)

I guess one use would be for negative fill.. or big flag.... Ive only ever used them as Neg fill .. but I guess there might be other uses.. hiding food from extras..

Just to use it. I've always seen them on sets from time to time and I honestly want to test it out and see what sort of situatons I can use them for. I feel like many people don't use it enough and I think it's something to look into further.

Would it eliminate more light than a regular silk? Or would the unit come in at the same intensity?

Black silks don't transmit as much light as regular silks. They also don't soften the light as much because the black fibers don't spread the light in the same way as white fibers do.

Black silks don't transmit as much light as regular silks. They also don't soften the light as much because the black fibers don't spread the light in the same way as white fibers do.

So it has characteristics of net then? and not of a silk?