Gossen Bolex repair

Luigi Castellitto

Do you know who can calibrate a Gossen Bolex lightmeter? It's not very precise anymore.

I also use another lightmeter with my H8 Rex 4, but the Gossen Bolex is very comfortable (and beauty) to hold in the slot of the camera, I would like to fix it.

Thank you.

The replacement for the old PX13 battery can give a false reading because the voltage is incorrect.

There's an adjustment screw on the back- can you match it to a reading from your other meter?
Edited by Mark Dunn

Ah, sorry Mark, I took for granted what I said in another thread: I use the zinc-air MRB625 battery, which replaces well the old PX13, it has the right voltage of 1.35v.

My Gossen Bolex It has always worked well with zinc-air batteries, but now it seems to be not calibrated.

The screw behind it's right to align the needle with the base notch (test without battery, as described in the manual), that works, but I can't do anything with this screw when lightmeter it is operating mode with the battery.
Compared to another well-functioning lightmeter, it marks a stop and a half of error.
Obviously, I made the comparison taking into account that the Gossen Bolex is already set for the light deviated in the viewfinder of H series (lightmeter adds about 20% of light of compensation).