Monsterpalooza (35mm)

Shot at "Monsterpalooza" 3 weeks ago on two 400' rolls. Made some music and put this little piece together with the footage. I admittedly went a little overboard with that motion controlled introduction but I believe in doing real life test instead of shooting boring charts :)

Run and gun with Aaton 35III using Kodak 5207, one roll pushed processed 1 stop and the transfer was done at home on my custom built scanner. I purposely didn't clean the film before the scan for that extra "grindhouse" feel.

• Premium Member

Nice stuff! I'm shocked you had enough light for 07' without making it so grainy, it looks great. The transfer is also very good, I'd love to hear more about your machine and maybe see it someday.

Reminds me a lot of what I'm shooting.

http://www.cinematography.com/index.php?showtopic=76110&hl=

Can I ask where you got the Aaton from? Was it mine? lol XP

Looks great. Nice texture.

It looks like you were there on the two days I wasn't.

What kind of scanner did you put together?

Thanks, I was there Friday night and Sunday only, Regret missing Saturday there were great makeups that day.

I built my scanner using a Bi-Pack optical projector head with pin registered movement. Electronically it's driven through an Arduino hooked up with motor and trigger that sends a signal to a RED camera control software on MAC (Foolcontrol). I'm currently using a Red Dragon camera for capture which is not optimal but works for now. I get around 5.5K in S35 full aperture.

Nice stuff! I'm shocked you had enough light for 07' without making it so grainy, it looks great. The transfer is also very good, I'd love to hear more about your machine and maybe see it someday.

Reminds me a lot of what I'm shooting.

http://www.cinematography.com/index.php?showtopic=76110&hl=

Can I ask where you got the Aaton from? Was it mine? lol XP

Thanks Tyler, the convention center had plenty of light and most of the art / demos were pretty well lit. Everything was around 2.8 @250.

I purchased my Aaton from Alan Gordon here in L.A.

You can come see the scanner anytime - we actually have a friend in common. There's something I want to talk to you about.

Nice title - the opener is great! Reminds me a bit of the opening title of "Quatermass and the Pit". I was there on Sunday only, almost brought my Bolex, but didn't. I'm so glad you shot film there!

In addition to the great sculptural works/make-ups, I found myself looking at a lot of the camera packages people were carrying around. Folks with their tricked-out dslr's with all of their add-ons.