What do these settings indicate? (DEDOLIGHT DLH4)

Hi, I'm fairly new to this forum so hopefully, I'm writing this query in the right place.

For my dissertation, I completed a test using Dedolight DLH4's (The 3 head kit) and I used the dimmer switch to adjust the intensity of the light.

I was wondering what the dots represent on the dimmer switch?

I've attached an image below for reference. I was hoping to find a numerical value as so far my research has only found this indicating 'dimming from minimum to maximum'.

Any information or guesses are greatly appreciated and hopefully, someone can shed some light on this!!

Thank you.

dimmer-switch-image.png

• Premium Member

Well there's I think 16 notches, so 100% being top and 0% being bottom each notch is 6.25% so therefore the "dots" would be 0, 37% (ish, probably 25% visible) 68% ish (and that's probably 50% visivble) and then 100% That's what I'd assume. But really it won't be EXACT, it's just, as I often say "good enough for government work."

Test the output with a lightmeter at various setting of the slider (min., max., in-between), interpolate the rest.

Well there's I think 16 notches, so 100% being top and 0% being bottom each notch is 6.25% so therefore the "dots" would be 0, 37% (ish, probably 25% visible) 68% ish (and that's probably 50% visivble) and then 100% That's what I'd assume. But really it won't be EXACT, it's just, as I often say "good enough for government work."

Thank you both for your suggestions! Both are very helpful, thank you.