Problem with Opencut software

Patrick Cooper

I'm trying to use Opencut as a video converter. Ive got some videos rendered as MP4s from Sony Movie Studio that I want converted to MOV with the h264 codec. So tonight, I dropped one of these MP4s into Opencut's timeline and followed all the recommended export settings from a youtube tutorial video. I noticed for the choice of codec, there were two h264 options - h264_nvenc and nvenc_h264. I didn't know which one was the best choice so I randomly selected the first one. I set the quality to 100, the bitrate to 20M etc. Despite selecting 'dual pass', the rendering time was extremely brief - just a few seconds.

The finished video is completely blank. It runs for 35 seconds but there's no picture. And the file size seems unusually small at 17KB. It's a 1920 x 1080 video by the way. Any ideas on what went wrong?

Edit: It was recommended in the tutorial video to halve the frame rate for the GOP number but as my video's frame rate was 25fps, it's not really possible to halve that using whole numbers. So I selected 12. Don't suppose that would cause any issues?