Connector size and term-inology for jacks on Arri 16SB?

David Chapman

Anyone know the correct name and size for the "prong" type terminals on an Arri 16SB? Best I can come up with so far is "pin end banana jack" which keeps returning the male plugs with the springs and plain sockets when I search for them. I am trying to make up a new cord for my camera and also to make a ground wire for my hi capacity mag (I assume the small socket on my mag is for an external ground). The original coiled cord I got with the camera is still working but the pins are quite dark and I havn't figured out how to get in there and clean them properly. The other end I am going to convert to a more modern plug system to match the new battery pack.

I can't help with the rest, but you can clean pins by rolling up a bit of emery paper into a pipe and pushing it over the pin. Then twist with the fingers. Or with the emery on the outside to clean a socket. Just make it long enough so you get a grip and don't lose it inside. Roll it round a cocktail stick to get it small enough- you can also put the stick inside the pipe to apply more pressure.
Edited by Mark Dunn
  • Upvote 1