16mm Kodak Vision3 250D characteristics

• Premium Member

I am filming in the banquet hall at The Convent - the historic Governor of Gibraltar's residence.....I will be filming as part of the Gibraltar crystal piece I have bored people with for a while now hahahaha

They are setting up their formal dinner set up for me to shoot the crystalware in situ so to speak….

The light levels in the attached image are NOT what I will find to work with on the day…..I am shooting on July 2 and the arc movement of the sun takes it directly over the building once it appears over the Rock of Gibraltar……

…….this means my ambient base light comes in at f1.4 and f2 in the table area with the meter set at 250asa......light coming in off the windows is at f4 to f5.6 max

My plan is to take in my Arri 650plus tungsten and Arri L7-C with Rosco diffusion sheets to either simulate the sun coming in off the windows and hitting the table or if framing tighter to create some atmospheric lighting….

So either i go with this stock or play it safe and use 500T as have used for the rest of the filming

post-72573-0-27859400-1528966625_thumb.jpg

• Premium Member

...and here's another view....and a bit of history from Wikipedia

The Convent has been the official residence of the Governor of Gibraltar since 1728. It was originally a convent of Franciscan friars, hence its name, and was built in 1531, and heavily rebuilt during the 18th and 19th centuries.

The dining room at the Convent has the most extensive display of heraldry in the Commonwealth of Nations.

post-72573-0-96177400-1528967018_thumb.jpg

• Premium Member

light levels notes.....180 degree shutter......25fps.....at 250asa

to make things worse there are scaffolds outside that wall where the windows are cos they are fixing the roof so the shutters can only be partially opened hahaha

post-72573-0-22889900-1528967863_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stephen Perera

• Premium Member

.....so I either go simulate light coming in off the windows and making it brighter or Barry Lyndon mode moody and atmospheric with the candles lit and bouncing light in here and there

• Premium Member

Indeed Karim I will go moody and put light through the table and crystalware......i am ordering double-wick dinner table candles a la Barry Lyndon haha...the good thing is the windows have shutters I can keep closed

Edited by Stephen Perera