Adapter

John Carty

I have a chance to use some Nikon lenses with my Bolex H16 Rex1,if I got a F-mount to C-mount adapter would I have any focusing issues? I know it can depend on what lens I use... but in general lets say I am using a 50mm lens would that work fine?

Thanks

John

Yes it should be fine. In theory there could be a problem due to the fact it's not a RX lens built with the prism in mind, but I haven't found this, especially if stopped down a little. Shorter lenses may be not so good.

Edited by Doug Palmer

A Nikon 50mm and C mount adapter works fine with my Bolex Rex 5 S-16. Actually, some of the nicest looking shots I got recently were with the Nikon lens, the other lens I have being a Switar 16mm, which is a fine lens too. I don't know if I just imagine it but the colour seems to be rendered very well with the Nikon lens. Maybe it was just the lighting for those shots. I didn't experience any focus problems. You may have to be careful to not shoot any wider open than say f4 with the Nikkor, because of the prism effect of the Bolex which the lens is not designed for.

The one I have has a cable-release operated plunger. IIRC you set the aperture on the lens, then operate the plunger and lock it to stop down.

This is for non-AF lenses. I don't really recall how it's used because we were usually at full aperture.

My lens mount adapter doesn't have a lever. I just set the aperture manually using the lens ring.

Me too. I'm always amazed how good the image is at F1.2, which is mainly why I use this lens. Maybe there's some degradation because of the prism, but OK if there's out-of-focus stuff around the main subject.

Edited by Doug Palmer