help adapting an eng lens work on super 16

Need to do film fill-in shots

camera: I have an eclair NPR super16 with a b4 to cmount adapter. The only one that fit the mirror housing has no "extender" glass in it. So I need an extender.

Lenses: I have various canon and fujinon b4 mounts. all 2/3. a couple with 2x extenders in them. 2x defeats the lens speed and wide angle. ones without vignette.

Concerns:

1. additional costs.... its all enough already

2. finding a cmount extender will be designed for mount video and the tiny element in it will still vignette

3. replacing the internal 2x will be way too hard to find the right elements.

4. ignorance... once I had polarizer filters cut down to fit behind the b4 back lens. It changed back focus but otherwise worked awesome. is there something to that discovery... I mean can I order a small element and just tack it back there?

I just can't tinker for days on this so any help is massively appreciated.

There are adapters for B4 to Super16 PL mount,, these have optics in them so that you don't get vignetting. You may find a used one on e-bay, NFL used them on their Super 16 cameras.

It sounds like you've got a basic mount adapter, so it won't work on Super16. However, I wouldn't use one of these lenses on a C mount, it's not up to the job, it's OK for lighter lenses.

Edited by Brian Drysdale